In honor of #NationalHotdogDay


I had no idea there was such a thing as National Hotdog Day, but it doesn't surprise me that there is, and July 23rd is the Day in question. In observance of the day, I'm bumping the title track of Playdough's hella tight album Hotdoggin' right now.  Up top is the design I did for the limited edition tee Playdough hooked up for the first 100 lucky sons' a guns to preorder the album. Maybe I'll wear mine today... 
I drew this one a while after that. I bumped Hotdoggin' in the car almost exclusively for about a solid year after that, much to my wife's dismay. My three-year-old daughter Marley actually asks for it by name. Yep, the way your kid sweats bullets over Barney and Yo Gabba Gabba, mine rocks out to Playdough. Luckily for me, Playdough ain't on that Sanduski isht, seen?

So yeah... Fans with really keen eyesight may have noticed that I worked this drawing into the interior gatefold artwork for Group Therapy, by Playdough's fellow Deepspace Five member Sivion. Playdough's hotdog-suited hero features prominently on the front and back covers of that album as well. 


Finally, the Hotdog suit returned on some Dark Knight isht for Playdough's collab with Heath McNease on their WuTang tribute Wed, White and Wu that I also did cover, insert, and teeshirt art for.
COLLECT 'EM ALL (hint: there are only these two)

Yes. I am a huge Playdough fan. Yes. I fux with that Hotdog suit. "It's all parts, all heart and soul" ya dig? In fact, I actually wrote an outline for a short comic starring Playdough in the hotdog suit that I would love to draw, but I don't have time.  Maybe I should do a Kickstarter or something? Would you support that?
Anyways, enjoy a hotdog today, whether beef, pork, chicken, veggie, or some combination thereof!


Peace,
-samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here